There are no shortcuts to growing luscious, long locks. On average, hair grows about a half an inch per month. Your general health, well-being, and genetic factors affect your rate of hair growth.You can encourage hair growth by maintaining healthy hair through a good diet and proper hair care. Certain herbs can help make your hair grow faster, too.
1. Whip up an egg mask
Eggs are highly beneficial for faster hair growth because they are packed with protein and also contain iron, sulfur, phosphorus, zinc, and selenium. You can use an egg hair mask at least once a month.
- Whisk an egg. Mix in four tablespoons of grapeseed oil and a few drops of lavender oil. Apply it on your hair and scalp and leave it on for half an hour. Finally, rinse it out and shampoo your hair as usual.
- Apply a mixture of two egg yolks and two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil on your scalp. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it out with cold water and then shampoo your hair.
- Alternatively, whisk an egg and add one cup of milk, two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, and the juice from half a lemon to it. Apply it on your scalp and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes before washing it out and shampooing your hair.
2. Green Tea
Now you have the perfect solution for those used tea bags that you throw away daily. Green tea, as you know is super rich in antioxidants and that helps in boosting hair growth and preventing hair loss.
Apply warm green tea (from the used tea bags) over your scalp and leave it for an hour. Wash it off with cool water.
3. Massage Your scalp
Massaging promotes blood flow to the scalp, which in turn stimulates the hair follicles. In addition, deep condition your hair once a week with a hot oil treatment or deep conditioning hair mask.
- Apply the oil (preferably warm) or conditioner to your hair.
- Gently rub your fingers on your scalp in a circular motion for three to five minutes.
- Rinse the oil or conditioner out of your hair.
4. Eat Carrot
You can eat a carrot a day, or drink carrot juice to see instant results in hair growth and texture. Regularly using carrot externally and internally, will surely give you strong and healthy hair.
Carrots are filled with nutrients and vitamins like Vitamin A, K, C, B6, B1, B3, B2, fibre, potassium, phosphorous etc which are good for health, skin and hair.
5. Protect Your Hair
Make sure your hair is covered when you leave the house, especially in harsh weather or dusty conditions.
This will seem somewhat obvious, but you’ll be surprised at how many people neglect this simple hair care aspect. Every time you head out into the dust and heat, you’re stripping your hair of moisture. Always ensure you cover your hair with a scarf or a hat.
6. Lower your Stress Level
Again, most women are convinced that the secret to long and healthy hair is brushing it incessantly. There are others who are scared that brushing hair will lead to hair fall, and avoid combing their hair unless explicitly required.
The truth is somewhere in between both these extremes. Brushing your hair stimulates the scalp, releases natural oils, and helps spread those oils down the length of the hair strands. But, to ensure that there is no breakage or hair loss, make sure to brush gently, especially when your hair is wet.
7. Have A Healthy And Balanced Diet
A diet consisting of foods that help in hair growth. Leafy vegetables, beans, seeds, lean fish, and chicken are all excellent sources of nutrition.
A healthy diet will ensure your hair gets all the sustenance it needs to grow long and strong and keep it shiny and silky smooth. People spend so much money on buying various hair care products while overlooking their diet. But the fact is that a healthy and balanced diet contains all the nutrients and essential oils required for promoting hair growth.